All About Marine Radio
Choosing and using a VHF radio for your boat
Marine radios provide boaters the best and most reliable communication when on the water. Marine radio communication is key during emergencies and is better in many ways than cell phones. Marine radios are also helpful in countless everyday encounters such as securing a slip at a destination marina. The variety of radios available can be confusing and their use can be intimidating. This course teaches you the important differences between a Marine Radio and a cell phone and when to use one or the other.
With this online seminar, you will learn how to:
- Determine what features a marine radio needs to support your type of boating
- Make and receive routine and emergency radio calls
- Use Digital Selective Calling (DSC)
- Obtain and use a Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number for your boat
- Call for help in all kinds of emergencies, including helping other boaters in distress
- Make your transmissions understandable
- Follow the rules when using your radio
Prepare early and put your mind at ease.
New Price: $30.00; Members get a 20% discount!
Returning users, click here to log in.