Weather for Boaters
A boater's guide to forecasting, winds and storms
Learn how to recognize early signs of changing weather and how to anticipate storms, squalls, fog, and wind shifts. You can check the forecast before you leave, but it might be hours old and doesn't necessarily reflect the conditions in your area. Familiarize yourself with basic weather elements to understand how they will affect your boating experience and much more. Weather makes the difference between a great day and a lousy day on the water. This seminar will teach you to recognize and prepare for weather coming your way.
Head out with confidence.
- Be prepared when the actual weather does not agree with the official forecast
- Recognize early signs of approaching weather
- Anticipate storms and lightning
- Interpret approaching cloud formations
- Use a weather map
- Understand weather elements like air masses, fronts, and winds
- Understand how to use a barometer and other forecasting tools
New Price: $30.00; Members get a 20% discount!
Returning users, click here to log in.